Herbal Mushroom Soup - gluten free
October 27, 2017
- 17 grams clarified butter (Organic Valley ghee)
- 58 grams Portobello mushroom (vitamin D enriched), chopped
- 85 grams white Onion, chopped
- 8 grams Parsley, chopped
- approximately 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground Nutmeg
- approximately a pint (it was 438 mL) poultry broth (defatted), warmed up in a separate container (microwave bowl in my case)
- 1/4 tsp Redmond sea salt
- approximately 3/4 cup (it was 188 mL) whole organic Jersey cow milk, warmed up in a separate container (microwave bowl in my case)
- 12 g (1 and a half tablespoons) tapioca flour
Stove top 2 quart sauce pan:
Ingredients 1 to 5:
Melted the butter, and put mushroom, onion, parsley and nutmeg in it to soften and meld at medium heat.
Added the pre-warmed broth (#6) and stirred gently while the mix came to a bubbly simmer.
Added the sea salt (#7).
Added the milk (#8) and stirred in and kept simmering.
Poured off a cup of the hot mix into a ceramic bowl with a handle and blended the tapioca flour (#9)
into the separate hot mix, before washing the results back into the main saucepan with the help of more hot mix.
Stir to be sure the tapioca is well mixed.
This makes a light herbal version of mushroom soup.
It's not the gooey version that relies on gluten for a thickener. I could add more tapioca if it had to be used as a sauce on something.